Thomas Evdokimoff is a musician and educator based in Vancouver, Canada. Thomas holds a Master of Arts in music theory from the University of British Columbia. He is currently on faculty at the Arbutus Music Academy where he teaches music theory & history, and classical guitar. He also enjoys writing about music and working with sound. Current musical interests and activities include the exploration and use of space through live audio streaming, location recording, acoustic ecology, and soundscape design; as well as music education.
- Projects Descriptions & Audio Samples
- RCM Music Theory Instruction, Online
- Studio Instruction, Music Theory, Classical Guitar - Arbutus Music Academy
Recent & Upcoming Projects
- February 2023 - The Aeolian Harp. An ongoing research project into geophonically activated instruments/sounds through the building of various Aeolian Harps as an initial exploration. In collaboration with Pippa Lattey.
- April 30-May 01 2022 - Reveil 2022- live audio stream. Location TBA
- January 17 2022- Six Views of the Capilano River - audio recording
- December 2021 - Vanier Park Soundwalk. Excerpts hosted on Aporee.org
- November 07 2021, 11:00 UTC - As if radio ... broadcasted my Sechelt Garbage Forest, a recent location/field recording. As if radio (AIR) is a collaborative radio space created in response to the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow from 31 October – 12 November 2021.
- September 23-24 2021 - The Only Animal, Greenhouse. A two day intensive consisting of 100 local artists across disciplines who bring together a diversity of climate experiences.
- May 08 2021 8:00 PDT - interview by Darren Copeland of NAISA "Making Waves" on WGXC radio Making Waves
- Thursday May 06 5:00pm PDT and Saturday May 08 2021 10:30am PDT - premiere of audio recordings from the Blue Cabin - Currents and Waves Radio
- May 01-02 2021 - Reveil 2021- live audio stream
- January 22-March 05 2021 - The Blue Cabin Floating Artist Residency - live audio stream, location recordings
- December 2020 - May 2022 - Live Vancouver Soundscape - live audio stream (ongoing project)
- September 2020 - Al Neil's Piano - audio composition
- 2020 - Radio 3 - audio composition